Destination Manager UK / Business Development
Student placement and education services
OUR CLIENT REQUIRES:
It's a newly established position in the Thai organisation. You report to the Country Director. The key objective is very simple: help local Asian students to further their education in the United Kingdom of Great Britain; so that means England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
Key challenges in the job:
- Establish the role of UK Destination Manager in Thailand.
- Manage and drive the regional UK student placement plan through student placement counselling and pipeline conversion.
- Contribute to building and implementing the UK student placement strategy.
- Build partnerships with the Marketing team and the UK counsellor team to support the development and implementation of a country business plan.
- Develop and deliver training programmes to the counsellors who advise the students (your customers) about UK school and university education opportunities.
- Drive the ongoing development of strong relationships with major UK destination clients (universities) and be these clients' key contact in Thailand.
- Work in strong matrix relationships with country operations, the marketing teams and other regional or global colleagues.
This role requires a combination of specific UK destination expertise and commercial business capabilities including:
- Substantial experience and expertise of the UK as an international education destination. This may have been gained through client recruitment, client representation or being part of a student recruitment/education counselling business line within key industry organisations.
- Potential relevant candidate background may include experience with UK universities who may have a presence in SEA, UK student placement competitors in the region, or through studying or working in the UK.
- Experience of effectively operating in a matrix structure - able to drive outcomes with teams that are made up of indirect reports.
- Highly effective relationship building and relationship management skills. Ability to work in partnership with other internal functions, in particular for the partnerships with the operations and marketing teams.
- High level of experience with business development, sales pipeline planning, management and execution with a clear understanding of how to drive results and improve sales conversion.
- Experience of managing events as a mechanism to drive lead generation and enhance client relationships. Decisive with a sound judgment.
- Business development experience with the ability to strategise, identify, analyse, recommend and leverage growth/expansion opportunities.
- Experience with developing and implementing training solutions to enhance internal team capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills across all key methods. Ability to drive sharing of knowledge, skills and resources across the business.
Our client is one of the true global leaders in the educational sector with a long history of excellence. They operate across the world including throughout Asia. The SEA regional office is located in Bangkok.
We are looking forward to sharing their story when we meet with you.